FEBT Restoration – Robertsdale Station
The Robertsdale station was the southernmost station building on the EBT main (there only were shelters further south). Built in the 1910s of rusticated block, the station served passengers and freight shippers, and it including a scale for weighing loaded coal hoppers before their trip north.
After common-carrier service ended in 1956, the station was used as a gas station for some years and then was shuttered. The building was purchased by Friends of the East Broad Top in 1986. FEBT volunteers set about restoring the building to its common-carrier appearance inside and out. This included removing false ceilings and walls added after railroad use ended.
Since that time the station has served as FEBT’s museum, open to the public on select summer weekends.