2021 FEBT Restoration Fundraiser
Dear generous patrons, as of December 21st 2021, we have hit our target of $78,000 for the fund drive after just a few months. HOWEVER WE ARE CONTINUIING RAISING FUNDS! Additional projects are being funded by the donations above our goal THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
As of June 21 2021, our fundraiser has reached $145,081.31, or 186% of our original goal.
For the 2021 restoration season, FEBT is launching several new important restoration projects across the railroad. In 2020 FEBT was able to provide funds from its Restoration Fund to the EBT Foundation in the amount of $86,000 for a professional contractor to raise and stabilize the EBT Carpentry Shop. FEBT volunteers will provide the balance of work needed to restore that building.
Continuing this success into 2021 will require additional funds, which is why we are reaching out to you! our goal is $78,000 to complete four projects. These projects provide much needed attention to historic East Broad Top Railroad Structures, and involve a combination of volunteer labor and professional contractors.
Follow the link below to securely donate online to our FEBT Restoration Fund, and continue reading for more details on the 2021 projects.
These projects follow on from a long list of Restoration Projects executed by FEBT over the last seventeen years.
Stretch Projects (Funded by Above-Goal Donations):
EBT Archives Project
FEBT contributed $10,000 toward a joint archiving project between the EBT Foundation and Friends of the East Broad Top. The funds have brought on a professional archivist and an intern to begin the process of assessing and cataloging the vast paper archives of of both the East Broad Top Railroad and Friends of the East Broad Top. The donations matches an earlier gift by an anonymous donor. This is the first step in both protecting these extensive and historic archives, and making the information available to researchers.
Form more information on this project, visit the press release at the East Broad Top site.
EBT Carpentry Shop Concrete Project
More information on this project coming soon!
EBT Robertsdale Station Roof Replacement – $10,000
- A new authentic standing seam metal roof will be installed.
- Repairs to the wood structure supporting the roof.
EBT Museum Security System – $12,000
- Will include cameras, sensors and master control.
- FEBT Museum and gift shop are currently moving into the RI&C Post Office Building which has been pre-wired for the system.
Rockhill Coal Dock Phase 2 – $10,000
- Phase 1 included repairs to the doors, roof and new chute in 2011.
- Phase 2 includes reinstalling the road to the tipple to allow coal to be loaded into the tipple, and completing repairs to the chutes and structure.
- Phase 3 will include reconstructing the shed at the top of the building.
Rockhill Storehouse – $46,000
- Building is sinking into the ground, but can be saved.
- Funds will bring in a contractor to lift and stabilize the building.
- FEBT will provide additional labor.
- Remove the lean-to connecting it to the stone house.
- Repair siding, windows and interior.
- Reconstruct the lean-to.