Join the FEBT
The FEBT needs your help to continue our mission of preserving and restoring the East Broad Top Railroad, a priceless historic resource located in Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, and a U. S. National Historic Landmark. In Rockhill Furnace, the shops — originally built in the 19th century and fully equipped to maintain the railroad, its locomotives and rolling stock — decay as they succumb to the ravages of time and weather. Buildings in Robertsdale and elsewhere along the line have already been lost forever. Rails and rolling stock that once carried coal, lumber and ganister rock from the mountains and forests to Mount Union are rusting away. Historic steam engines and a gas-electric motor car sit idle. FEBT works to preserve and restore many historic resources at the East Broad Top. Your help is urgently needed.
Please help us ensure this National Historic Landmark, the oldest surviving narrow gauge in the United States, continues as a living history museum for you and future generations to enjoy. Join now!
In addition to helping us preserve and restore the East Broad Top Railroad, your membership provides the following benefits:
- You’ll receive our award-winning quarterly magazine, the Timber Transfer, containing articles and information about the history, modeling, preservation, and restoration of the EBT. Many drawings and photos in the Timber Transfer are published there for the first time. You also receive occasional FEBT Newsletters.
- FEBT acts as a clearinghouse for information on modeling the East Broad Top Railroad:
- You can join a restoration crew to:
- Help restore historic buildings and railroad cars.
- Learn how to use shop tools.
- See areas that ordinary visitors can’t see.
- Have fun!
- You’ll get discounted registration fees for FEBT-sponsored events, such as our annual Fall Reunion.
- You’ll get a 15-percent discount on all merchandise purchased from our FEBT Company Store.
- You’ll get access to the museum complex and gift shop in Robertsdale. When development of the museum complex is complete, it will consist of the restored EBT Depot and museum exhibits, visitor information center, and museum shop located on the ground floor of the rehabilitated Old Post Office. A 15-percent discount for purchases in the museum gift shop is extended to all members in good standing.
- You’ll be able to volunteer to do something you like to do.
- You’ll meet new friends who share your interest in railroads and history.
- You may get additional benefits, depending on the type of membership you choose.
How to Join
We welcome your assistance in our efforts and invite you to become a member. You can join online or by mail. Thank you for joining!
Join FEBT Online
Join right now on your computer and pay through our secure payment portal.
Join FEBT by Mail
Download this PDF form, print it, fill out and mail it with the appropriate dues.